Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Working....

Yesterday was a long day...12 hour work day with about 8 interviews to see how well each of these media folks were weaving their training together. Today, which is to be a non-work day by contract, is ending up another full day. Interviews in the morning and then, I have an appointment to meet a guy from Contact FM, the biggest radio group here.

There are two bathrooms at the IREX office and one of the men I interviewed needed to use one...he used the one off the conference room which we were using and where I was sitting. He went in, didn't shut the door and did his business while I was sitting five feet from him! I couldn't get up and leave because I would have had to have walked right past...seeing who knows what! Awkward.

And Kigali, pronounced by the natives sounds like "Tchgali" and I like it. Learning a few words more each day. Today, I want to learn to swear!! Betting they don't have many strong words in that area...anger is not displayed much. Learned yesterday that there are serious issues with spouse abuse and polygamy here.

Should soon have some photos if ever I can get out of the office. Diana came over last night and we ended up having spaghetti and meatballs, which Beatrice made. Thank God...I made it home at 8 p.m. and was pooped. I need a maid in Florida, badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment