Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More photos and whatnot!!

This vervet photo was taken by Diana and note his blue balls. They really are blue but I didn't get a good shot of that part of their anatomy. She is a way better photographer than I am. And I am acclimating to the daily process of living in Eddie's home. Today at 5:15 a.m., as I drew water to make coffee, a man's head appeared in the window and for the first time, I didn't flinch, yelp or anything. Just greeted the guard with a "bonjour" and he smiled. Two days ago, I spilled my coffee when the guard appeared in front of me. Sometimes, I can hear the guard crunching on the gravel but other times, there is this surprise. Just don't expect a face looking in my window.

Talked last night with my Aunt who is in a nursing home in Huntsville, Alabama and she was totally enthralled that I was calling her from Africa. She spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how I could talk into my computer and end up on her phone. We had lots of laughs.

Meeting with all of the seven media groups that we will continue working with over the next few days. Was trying to upload some more photos this morning and it is taking a lifetime. Will do so this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment