Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wandering....

I wrote an email yesterday to my friends and family and told them to read here...not keeping in touch as faithfully as I usually do. And I indicated I am/was "lonesome." Several wrote worried about my state of loneliness, which I appreciate. Need to clarify, however. When I am "lonesome" and far away, it just means that I am missing that closeness one has in a personal conversation in front of or with the people you care about and love. Yesterday, I was only able to connect via Skype with Alex and then, much later, Richard. But I tried many people...all of whom I love and care about but all of whom were engaged in their immediate lives, doing what they do with whom they do it. That is life...and as it should be. That I am far away is my choice and so, if a day or a few days go by and I don't hear your voice, just know that I am thinking about you and looking forward to those moments when we will share more than the written word...I will get to hear you.

I am having fun. Learning new things. And really, I am not alone. Diana is becoming a friend and we cooked brats on Eddie's grill last night and while she skyped her family and friends, I worked on my Somalia Media Management Manual that I am writing. That is coming along quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment