Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Meeting

Berneice and Rose, the two women are health reporters and the man to the left of Rose is Gitahi, also known as Doc, because he is a medical doctor but he serves as the Marketing and Circulation Director for the Nation Media Group. There were two other reporters in the room but Daniel, the photographer of the moment, didn't get himself and the other lady in the shot.

Aren't you proud of me...I am able to write next to the photos like I did in 2006!! I couldn't figure out how to make this happen, so asked my friend David, from Tegus, but now in Afghanistan how to do this. He didn't know and I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning with an "ah ha" and remembered. Pretty cool.

And then today, I went on a search for a beer glass with Tusky's (local beer) logo on it because I have been bringing these home from my travels for Richard. I went on a serious walk only to find...I could not find one. And of course, Alex always gets a shot glass for his collection...have seen NO such animal yet. Still looking.

Like in most Third World countries there are lots of beggars in the streets. Here, they are on the sidewalks and in the alleys. Today, I saw a man, who was only the trunk of the body...supported by a pillar on the walkway. He had a bucket between what would be the groin area and all I could think was...if someone tried to rob him, which folks do here, poverty is horrid, he couldn't do anything at all.

By the way, smoking on the streets is against the law here. Saw the first man, again a beggar, smoking ganja. Thought it interesting...and wondered what the cops would do/say if they saw him??

Dinner beckons....more another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment