Thursday, April 8, 2010

More of Heidi's Journey....

Uncle Alex and Chase at home. Alex has had quality time with his nephews and his niece this past week. Sad that it had to happen because of Heidi's illness but we have made this past week a time for enjoying family. We have laughed and cried together and we are very thankful for all of Heidi's friends...several stopped by today and my friend, Lois came over and we went out to dinner. Nice to get out of the house, though, I found that I was worrying about whether Heidi was resting and if all the kids were wearing her out. Of course, Chris was on the job and they had pizza brought in. As I am writing this, the kids are playing guitar hero together. This has been a reaffirming time for all.

This came home from nursery school today with Chase. The kids made a get well card for Heidi. There were a ton of handprints and Heidi is holding a flower the kids made for her. Very fun and the picture is hanging over the mantle in the livingroom.

Chase got out his Halloween costume and played...he was Ratatouille for Halloween and he enjoyed playing all around the blow up bed.
A friend of Heidi's sent her some flowers and of course, being a MSU fan, Heidi got a MSU gnome included in her flowers. For those following Heidi this last week, I am sure you can see the difference in her expressions. While she is still a bit shaky and still using her walker, each day is a bit better. Therapy will make her stronger and she is eating like a horse...seems the shaking uses up a ton of calories. This morning we were up around 5:30 a.m. and we had an early breakfast. Heidi was hungry a bit we made lunch at 10:30 a.m. and of course, we actually had lunch around 2. I am going to go home 15 pounds heavier!
I am getting a bit excited about going to Jackson, Mississippi on Monday. NO time at home and what little time I do have will be taken up in what my friend, Jackie, calls "plant maintainance." I need to get my hair done, my pedicure and eyebrows waxed and then, I must spend some time visiting my Hospice patients with Chica before I leave. The IT guy called from Jackson regarding my computer...seems I will have wifi at work but no direct connect to the system...wondering how I will get my data to work. We shall see what we shall see. First work in the US since 2006....going to be a cultural event for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment