Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cartagena on a hot Sunday

Today was very very hot but after walking the beach and cleaning up, I decided to go into the city to walk and explore. It is sooo fun to see families out strolling, kids running around and vendors peddling their wares. This is part of the old city wall...standing next to this, I could look out to sea and there was a very brisk, but hot wind today.
Botero is a famous artist here and his paintings and statues are all of very large men, women, children and animals. Alex found Botero's works quite ugly when he was here, but here in the plaza is his reclining woman. I like her a lot.

And this statue is found outside of the Naval Maritime Museum. Quite a few things to see and do in this area of the city. I went to the Palace of the Inquisition and checked out some jewelry stores that sell gorgeous emeralds. Didn't buy any...wasn't even tempted.
Long day...walked miles and got my outline for my manual I am writing for Somalia done and one of my powerpoint presentations for Rwanda is now finished. More to do this evening and cannot wait to get home.
love


No comments:

Post a Comment