Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guatemala with the grandkids

While I waited in the airport, I sat next to this couple who were also going to Guatemala on a mission trip. I died laughing when their wine order arrived...they ordered a "flight" of red wines...three per.


We all arrived in Guatemala City and our bags also made it. Had some issues...my flight getting into Dallas/Ft. Worth to join the three grandkids coming from Detroit was going to be late and I wouldn't get in til the next day. Let's see, three kids in Guate who don't speak the language. The driver we had arranged was to be there...so all should go OK. Had a fit and it was decided that I should hop a plan, go to Miami and then get to Guate about 20 or so minutes before the kids landed, because their flight was also late.

It worked and I went through immigration, got my bag and then, talked with security and said I wanted to exit and hang where the kids could see me the minute they came down. Very suspicious but when I told them that Addie is only seven, they rushed me to wait at the foot of the stairs. They watched me like a hawk but they were soooo wonderful. Imagine trying that in Miami?
More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment