Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bogota tomorrow!

I am so very fortunate that I get to go to Bogota for a group marketing meeting with a few folks from Cali, Medellin, Bucaramanga and Barranquilla. These newspapers I worked with when I had my fellowship here in 2006. So, I get to reconnect and of course, I will have a chance to see my good friend, Claudia who works with Andiarios. Sadly, this is a quick overnight trip with two full days of meetings but at least I can reconnect, in person with a few friends. Love going home!!

The days have been full but very fulfilling. We have sold a banner ad online (first) and also, it looks like possibly another ad for the Hard Rock Cafe here in Cartagena. We mark all of these first with celebrations which is very appropriate. Created our first example of an audience sales piece...trying to actually sell audience and results rather than ads, space and discounts. Changing the culture is not easy.

More to come...have a wake up call for 4 a.m. Flight to Bogota is 6 a.m. and Gloria, the marketing director is NOT a morning person. Rather than her picking me up...off to the airport in a taxi. She might be running late...nope, she WILL be running late.

Tried to call both girls today...no one picked up. Going to try Richard and Alex right now. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment