Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Delinquency...not pretty!

A friend I met while working in Kenya gave me an earful via Skype last night. I have been delinquent and negligent and just not communicating very well. Apologies. My mind has been occupied with organizational issues; settling into our life here in Caseville; reconnecting with Weight Watcher groups; training; gardening; assisting with and attending McKenzie, our second oldest granddaughter's graduation, banquets and open house. Other than that...I have not been busy at all!

Missing writing very much. Miss travelling to work abroad even more. Everything in our lives is pretty much the same. Heidi is still home bound and had another surgery and is on the mend. Both Logan and McKenzie are now college students and moving on to adulthood. Three of the younger grandkids: Chase, Owen and Addison will be going camping with us in Canada in August and that should be a great adventure.

Richard and I leave this next Monday for Juneau and we are looking forward to seeing Alex and visiting with Richard's sister, Annie and her husband, David. We anticipate taking some glacier and whaling trips that Alex has arranged with the company he works for: Allen Marine. Should be a riot and I have new hiking boots and plan to hike some not too difficult trails while out there. That trip will cover two weeks and then, right when we get back, we will enter "Cheeseburger" a 10 day celebration of Jimmy Buffet music, burgers of all types and tons of folks in town for the ongoing celebrations. The town actually resembles a city during this celebration.

Last weekend, we had a Motown group here. Serieux (serious) was a superb group with an outstanding saxophone player. Tickets were $7 in advance and the best music ever. People were singing along and dancing...lots of fond memories of the sixties and seventies were replayed.

I am learning more each day about gardening. My neighbor came over and helped me plant a bunch of flower bulbs and plants and I am smiling as they grow. It was fun trying to do some landscaping around the yard...needed to start making this place look less like a cottage and more like home. The veggie garden is also doing well and I am praying it doesn't burn up from all the heat and lack of watering while we are gone for two weeks. I want to can a bunch of tomatoes and need to make more zucchini relish this year. NO jam is happening...we have too much left over and unless grandkids are up and we have fried dough, we never use jam or jelly. Have to move to an every three year plan for making sweet things!

Speaking of which...the Brew Moon is still making the best macaroons which I should not be eating ever! I buy 10 at a time and freeze them and try to pace myself and not indulge too often. Love them.

I will get back to sharing...I have lots of photos that I have taken and will begin getting back on track. Part of my absence has been due to some health issues and all of the tests have been run and I am cancer free. Issues are treatable and I am now on track to having a caffeine free life. Second day and I am doing better than I thought I would do. Am also supposed to give up drinking red wine, for at least 30 days. I decided to have four ounces each night til the bottle, which was open, is emptied. Then, I will skip four or five days and open another bottle and resume the 4 ounce consumption. I must take a pill for the stomach acid but the doctor said if I am careful, I may be able to stop that after a year or so. So, working on this but so happy to hear all the biopsies were negative. Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment