Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not wandering!

I am totally stressed that I have been to no foreign country in about six weeks now. Am shortly off to Tajikistan to work there for two weeks and this will be my first foray into that part of the world...google Tajikistan and check it out. Photos and updates will be forthcoming.

I was awakened, well, made to get up at 6:45 a.m. (I know, late for me!) because I received a phone call from Dushanbe in Tajikistan. I had been lazily lying next to Chica thinking about the day and what needed to be done. I needed a letter from them so I can apply for my Tajik visa....got it.

Recently, I have been working for the US Census Bureau in Punta Gorda, about 15 miles from our home here in N. Fort Myers. This week, for the first time ever in my life, I am working an 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. shift and I am just reminded that I know myself...I am, and always will be a morning person. I don't like having to think in the evening...that is time to relax and sip a nice glass of red wine.

With Richard hunting, Alex and I are sharing a car which is a tad difficult but we are working it out and he has really stepped up to help around the house, which is greatly appreciated.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment