Friday, April 27, 2012

It has been months since I have written and apparently the whole look and feel to my blog has changed. Will need to update this but realized today, as I was driving to our new home in Michigan that I have missed writing and sharing with my family and friends. Like others, I am sharing on Facebook but it occurs to me that the feelings, flavor, zest and angst are just missing when one only writes about three sentences.

And so...the past couple of months have been very stressful and incredibly trying for our family. We arrived in Florida in mid-January and a month later, I had my second knee replacement which has gone very well despite a slow rehab and recover. Slower than I would like...but my doctor says I am on target.

Within a couple of weeks of my surgery, we listed our Florida house for sale, using a recommended realtor who got us a great price. Unfortunately, the new buyers wanted in the house within two weeks which we couldn't do because Richard was in Atlanta with his family for his mother's funeral and I was hobbling around. The new purchasers were wonderful and they allowed us six weeks before the close today.

Today was incredibly sad for me. I returned a twin blow up bed to Carolyn and fortunately, she was out so I hugged her once again. Same when I returned Vicki's blow up bed and then, Deb was around when I returned her fold up chairs. And surprise of all surprises...Louise knocked on our door. She was home from the Virgin Islands and came to say, "bye." Then, I hopped down to say good bye to Tammy and Wayne because they hadn't been to our going away party. Tammy's mom is dying so they are waiting and feeling overwhelmingly sad.

Closing went smoothly but the packing and decision making that went into the past month of packing, donating and pitching has caused undue friction and pain. Richard and I are barely talking which is sad because we are both committed to this decision to move closer to the kids and to our northern friends. This also will save us a bundle of bucks which will allow us to do some things we really want to do. For me, more travel with kids/grandkids and for Richard, more time hunting and fishing with his buddies. He wants to also teach his grandkids a bit about his passion for outdoor enjoyment.

I cannot imagine what I will find when I get to the cottage but I know I will need the patience of Job and will have to keep my mouth zipped. For those of you who know me well...you know how well I will probably accomplish this little task.

Tomorrow, I want to share our neighborhood party with you. We had a ball and I am going to miss my neighbors and friends so much. Seeing Bud for breakfast tomorrow morning in Tifton. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment